Welcome to Free sample letters

This website, helps you to write letters used in everyday life. You need a covernote for your CV ? You have a request to make to the local authorities? An official request or personnal correspondance? Browse the website or use the search box !

7/28/2011

MBA Cover Letter- Sample MBA Cover Letters

Dear Mr. Smith,

I am a second-year MBA student at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business and am writing to request an interview with you. My summer internship in marketing confirmed my commitment to a career in sales and marketing.

This summer I led a team to develop a new product for equipment. The goal was to generate a stream of customer revenue after the initial product sale. Two aspects of this 12-week project differentiated my work: rapid networking across two divisions to effectively gather in-house expertise, and rigorous statistical analysis in assigning price and incentives.

To target the correct segment for this product, I conducted in-depth interviews, distributed a survey and analyzed the results. Using this consumer knowledge plus in-house expertise, I constructed a program model that not only calculated which segment would value this product, but also statistically quantified risk in offering the service. Using this knowledge of risk, I spread risk and reward across the trade network by aligning incentives, and drafted a price matrix for the new product.

Having responsibility for new product development gave me the opportunity to demonstrate my skills in favorably influencing others, project management, and quantitative analysis. When looking for a company at which to apply these skills, General Electric stands out. I learned about GE through conversations with my boss, who previously worked at General Electric, and through golfing with three of GE’s management trainees. GE’s values of rigorous training, quantitative analysis, and consumer focus are characteristics I seek in an employer.

Sincerely,

Richard Anderson

Enclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment