Welcome to Free sample letters

This website, helps you to write letters used in everyday life. You need a covernote for your CV ? You have a request to make to the local authorities? An official request or personnal correspondance? Browse the website or use the search box !

6/26/2011

Judical Clerkship Cover Letter- Sample Judical Clerkship Cover Letters

Dear Judge Smith,

        I will graduate from the University of Tulsa College of Law in May of 2004, and would like to be considered
for the clerkship position that opens September 1, 2004.

        I serve as one of three Articles Editors on the Tulsa Law Review. Through my work on the Review, I have developed my ability to analyze legal issues and present the results of my analysis clearly. My enclosed comment, which discusses the status of the at-will employment doctrine in Oklahoma in light of the implied contract exception, was published last year. Moreover, the Journal provided an invaluable opportunity to advance my interest in legal scholarship, particularly because of the exposure it has given me to a wide variety of novel issues. One such issue with which I have recently become familiar is the controversy over the constitutionality of legislation establishing a uniform statute of limitations for private actions implied under section 10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.

        Academically, I rank in the top 15% of my class. Additionally, I participate in numerous extracurricular activities both inside and outside the law school, including membership as a student-pupil in the Robert D. Hudson Chapter of the American Inns of Court. I have also worked as a research assistant in the preparation of
a law review article written by Martin Frey, one of my professors.

        As an undergraduate, I attended Duke University, graduating in May 2000. I majored in Public Policy Studies, a combination of political science, history, economics, and several other disciplines. Most of the courses offered in the major involved a heavy writing component and gave me experience in examining and solving problems.

        I am available at your convenience for an interview. I may be contacted at home, (918) 584-0000, or at the Review, (918) 631-3531. Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Richard Anderson

enclosures

No comments:

Post a Comment