Welcome to Free sample letters

This website, helps you to write letters used in everyday life. You need a covernote for your CV ? You have a request to make to the local authorities? An official request or personnal correspondance? Browse the website or use the search box !

8/20/2011

Public Relations Cover Letter- Sample Public Relations Cover Letters

Dear Mr. Smith,

John Bingham of Heming Communications tells me that you are seeking a Marketing Assistant at the Echomedia Marketing Group, and he suggested that I send my resume for your consideration. I am particularly interested in the public relations work that Echomedia has done in the non-profit sector, and I hope you'll agree that my academic background in English along with my internship work with the Promotions Department of the Experience Music Project make me a well-suited candidate for this position.

In June, I will be receiving my Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a minor in Communications. My background includes relevant course work in mass-media communications, concepts of new media, media structure, and intercultural communications. I have also developed strong writing, persuasive, and critical skills through my major in English language and literature.

In the course of my internship in promotions, I gained practical skills in managing media campaigns, doing press work, and planning promotional events. One aspect of my position with the EMP was to prepare promotional print materials for upcoming museum events and to distribute these materials to the local media. Because there was often very little lead time, I learned to obtain information quickly and assimilate it into a persuasive set of ad materials in a very short time. At the end of the internship, I was commended by my supervisor, Marion King, for producing high quality work on a strict timeline. I am diligent, creative, and flexible, and I work well as a member of a marketing team.

I look forward to talking with you about the suitability of my English and marketing backgrounds for this position with Echomedia. I will telephone you within a week in the hope that we can set up a meeting time soon. Thank you for considering my application.

Sincerely,

Richard Anderson.

Encl: Resume

No comments:

Post a Comment